Monday, June 27, 2011

Sensing God at Work Around Us in Khammam even before we start our Mission

My Mom completely stopped worshipping the Idols that she used to. But, she still has some idols left in the house. So, I confronted with her on that in a loving way. She was very hesitant to let me take them out and throw them away. I was sad and upset on that. As I’m learning to go to God first on anything, I prayed on it. Later, she came to me and said that she not only stopped worshipping idols completely, but also will throw them away soon, but just not now. She is afraid of the idols cursing us, especially Autumn as she is with a life in her. I was trying to be careful on not to push her and force her through questioning her believes as I just trust in our God and in His Power. She was asking me questions like, why she can’t do both worshipping Jesus and participating in communion with her friends and family in worshipping idols, and also asking me why, just like some guys that we know, I follow Jesus but I just let my parents do whatever she wants to and not to pursue after her to follow the same.
Yesterday, when God provided an opportunity, I told her that I don’t know about all those guys, but I’m pursuing after her out of my love for her and I don’t want death to separate us eternally that we never see each other again. Not only that, but I can’t bear the thought of her suffering the loss of “hope and love” of God for good. Then, I shared what Ravi Zacharias shared once in one of his books. When his Mom died, at her funereal, all he could think repeatedly was “she is gone”. He was disheartened, filled in grief, sorrow and hopeless. I could see myself in that. The loss would be unimaginable and unbearable for me. But, then, Ravi’s father came to him and asked him to finish his thought, “she is gone to where”. That’s when the amazing hope that we have in Christ took him over. She is gone to heaven and, one day, he is going to see her again. So, I told her that, one day, I want to have that hope. The thought of not having that hope, even writing this, makes my heart cry so deep and pushing water into my eyes.
Please Pray for the Holy Spirit to Seal the Saving Faith in her Heart permanently through the precious Blood of our Lord, Jesus, that was shed on the Cross for her.

This was right when I was explaining her why I'm after her finding Jesus. Nothing is better than spending time in kitchen and talking with her to have great fellowship with her.

It is sad to hear her finding humanly reasons for and dismissing the Prayers answered by God, which caught her by surprise and moved her when she was visiting us last year. My fears came true on this as all the fellowship she has is with her friends and family who are very strong Hindus. It reminded me, , which emphasizes on Christian fellowship for the believers.
But I trust in God’s Timing and in His Power, and finds hope in His Love for her as, compared to my grief for her to find Salvation, how much more His, who love is perfect, grief would be for her to find Him.
If I picture Jesus, I would picture Him scratching, not just knocking, loud on the doors of the heart of every lost person with hands covered by blood with the hope that the person would open the door and let Him into his/her heart, but not a picture of all smiling and glowing Jesus as some religions portray while the lost are suffering death.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
When we rent a car here, it comes with a Driver. On last Saturday night, my Dad called for a car for me to go to Airport to pick Keith and his daughter, Susanna, traveling to join our mission at the Airport. The drive is 5 hours long. An hour before we are supposed to leave home, the driver called my Dad and expressed his worry about the chance of missing Church in the morning. Listening to that, I was excited to meet him as he seemed to like Church and Jesus a lot, and also his name is Swamy, which means he is a Hindu convert. Right after I got into the car, not wasting any time, I asked him his testimony. We talked for 4 hours straight. He has a great testimony and he came to Christ not long ago, just little over a year ago. He really loves Jesus a LOT. I told him that he is my inspiration in loving Jesus.
I serve Jesus. But, I don’t love Him with my whole heart yet. Lately, with God’s grace, I have been working on in that area, just to be in love with Him. Even my Bible study, Experiencing God, with Students on-campus is very helpful for me on this. While talking to Swamy, Martha and Mary’s story from Luke 10:38-42 came to my mind. I need to slow down and reflect on God more.
Listening to Swamy talking about the church he goes to on its worship, prayer, ministries and fellowship, I have decided to visit the church with him and take my parents with me as I and Autumn have been praying for a church where my parents can find good fellowship for a while. After picking up Keith and Susanna, we hurried back home so all five of us can go with Swamy to his Church.
At the Church, we were received well, and, personally, I could say that it was my best worship that I had on a Sunday morning. The only complain I have is the length of time that the whole service took. It lasted for 3hrs and 20mins. But, at the same time, I like it not to worry about time and not it to be like all pre-planned according to time, but just wait on Him and led by His Spirit when we gather to worship Him on Sunday mornings. Simply, if I knew it earlier on how long the service would last, I would have been prepared to set a big part of my Sunday aside to be in Him.
In the end, the pastor’s wife came over and took my Dad’s phone number, and told me that they would follow up with my Parents through calling them and visiting them in person.
Please pray that, if it is God’s Will, my parents would get hooked up with this Church and find great fellowship which would lead them to get into an ever increasing loving relationship with Jesus, our Lord.
The Church we went to on Sunday. I wish I have taken a picture with the Driver and a picture in the Church during the Service.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We are leaving to Hyderabad tomorrow (Wednesday, 29th) to start our Mission. Please lift all of us involved in it up in your prayers that we would wait on God in the Holy Spirit and join our LORD, Jesus Christ, in His work right where we are, and let Him work through us.
This time, we will be travelling by Train as Keith and Susanna are not so excited to drive as there were several moments when their hearts literally stopped beeping in their drive from Airport -J.
Did I mention that the sermon at the Church on Sunday was on Prayer? I’m looking forward to talking on the subject in few days.
Thank you for all your support and for joining me daily in this Mission through your Prayers in the Spirit.
Some more pictures:


I can witness the work of Holy Spirit in my Dad. He simply says, "I asked Jesus for few things to happen, and all those occurred. So, I know He is God and I believe in Him"

The best mangos are found in India. Especially, in Southern India. After 9 years, I could make it to India in the mangos season.

 
Keith, the Man, and the Dad, who is witnessing to my Mom and to her friend through the way he treats and loves his daughter. As many do not have Dads who model Christian values, I realized that it is the best way for men to witness to women here. Also, he and his daughter, through their behavior, outfits and mingling with people and guests, they fixed the perspective of many around here on American culture, which is not just what's shown in HollyWood movies. Everyone loved them both. His motto is to be like Indian when in India as much as possible. With that, man, it makes it a lot easier to talk about Jesus with them.
 
Caram Board. It is like a mini-pool, but you flick it with your fingers instead of using pole. Keith loves it and wants to get one for his home and four for the Cross Cultural Club to have some competative games among international students once we come back.


3 comments:

  1. Love hearing your updates! I just realized I never returned your letter, but please know that we are praying for you and rooting for you in Jesus's powerful name!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting! Praying for you and for your parents. Praising God for Swamy and the message on prayer! God is so good! blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so awesome that you are being a light to your parents. I know how much my heart yearns for my families salvation as well. I'll pray for your parents and please pray for my sisters.
    Thanks for the wonderful updates!

    ReplyDelete